Any fashion mag worth its sea salt runs some sort of "What's in her bag?" column these days. But as a former beauty editor, people are always asking H&B what's in her bag. So, what did H&B carry to the Hamptons this weekend? Peek inside:
2. Matrix Biolage Sun Repair Treatment: Use it for its amazing smell ("If you like pina coladas...") and love it for the way it'll transform your hair back to soft and silky from salt water/chlorinated straw. $11.50, BeautyMart.com
3. Floppy wide-brimmed hat: This is the first year that I have ever a) worn sunscreen every time I've been out in the sun and b) even considered wearing a hat. Strangely, it's also the first summer I haven't suffered an awful burn. Hmm... The hat allows me to tan my body and keep sun spots at bay. Plus, it's a lot less pressure to not always have to be angled perfectly. Apparently, the beach can be...relaxing.
4. Clinique Gentle Waterproof Mascara: A summer classic! Sweat-proof, swim-proof, tear-proof. It provides decent volume but really is more of a basic day-wear mascara. Remove with eye makeup remover. $14, Clinique
5. Vincent Longo Light Canvas Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20: I have long said that VL's liquid canvas dew finish foundation (which also has SPF 15) is the best foundation on the market - a statement that I do stand behind! But, I recently have started switching off with his tinted moisturizer because I find it gives more coverage than many other tints and it's cheaper than his foundation so it's lighter on the wallet too! $38, Sephora
6. Kadima: Shameless plug. I am always up for a Kadima challenge. $6.99, Paragon Sports
7. Lip Service: I definitely use the warm weather as an excuse to buy a bevvy of new cosmetics in the name of SPF and it certainly extends to lip balms. These days my rotation includes Bobbi Brown Lip Tint SPF 15 in Blossom Tint, $17, Bobbi Brown and Incredible Sheer Lipcolor SPF 15 in Iced Coffee, $17.50, Prescriptives. The Bobbi is really sheer and I use when sitting out to keep lips refreshed. The Prescriptives is this brilliantly sheer lipstick that has now become my #1 for both on and off the beach. It leaves just the right amount of summer color.
8. H20 Bath Aquatics Poolside Moisturizing Balm: After the day is done, it's time to moisturize, moisturize, moisturize. Lately, I'm totally into H20's Poolside - for starters, the name alone sounds refreshing but it smells SO good. Scented with green melon and blended with hydrating seaweed extract and aloe, it smells clean, absorbs quickly and keeps legs, arms and everywhere soft, shiny, radiant and ready to start the whole thing over again next weekend! $11.50, ~ H20 +