Monday, July 30, 2007

Get Intimate with Stella McCartney

Anyone familiar with Stella McCartney's ephemeral creations will be none too surprised to hear that she is foraying into lingerie. Through a licensing agreement with intimate apparel company Bendon, McCartney will launch an intimate apparel line in Spring '08, reports WWD. "This is a natural progression for me. Lingerie is an obsession of mine. I have been inspired by it for many, many years. Ever since my degree collection at Saint Martins, I have always used it in my work," said the designer.


The pieces, which will hit stores in January, will be sold at Stella McCartney stores and at Bendon units in Australia and New Zealand as well as Selfridges, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, Holt Renfrew and La Rinascente. Price points range from $71 for panties to $447 for chemises.

[WWD]