Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Roberto Cavalli Does H&M

Karl Largerfeld may have helped pave the way but pretty soon nary a designer in sight will be without a one-off mass market collaboration. The latest on tap is the whimsical Roberto Cavalli who has just signed on to do a line with Swedish giant H&M. The 45 piece line which includes both mens and womenswear (including lingerie and accessories) will launch on November 8 in 200 stores worldwide.


"As the first Italian designer in the history of H&M, I enthusiastically welcomed this invitation, proud to bring the lively and positive spirit of my work to a new audience, who will be able to see and interpret my style in an individual way. I love freedom and challenges: breaking down barriers, experimenting in different directions. H&M is all this for me. I will add a dash of festivity and dreams," explains Roberto Cavalli.