Thursday, June 21, 2007

Picky Picky

To be filed under: Do as I say, not as I do...

Confession: I am a repeat offender of the numero uno beauty editor cardinal sin. The very first thing we are taught (well, after Thou Shalt Worship at the House of SWAG) is Thou Shalt Not Pick. And yet, for as long as I can remember, my evening wash-up ritual has been extended a solid 30 mins by my scouring my face as if I was screening for skin cancer. Shame on me! I know better. Hell, I preach better. And yet, left to my own devices, I, H&B am picky. SO picky!

Worse even, is how my skin doesn't rebound the way it used to. Melanin deposits draw attention to spots where I've picked and I'm ruining what was once a perfect complexion. I am determined to stop however, and while 12 steps seems excessive, I'm having a good run of success with a 4-step program. After trying nearly every skin lightening, brightening, whitening product on earth, I'm loving Rodan + Field's Reverse line. Created by the dermatologists behind ProActive, the 4-step regimen combines exfoliation, a brightening lotion and finally sunblock to lighten brown spots and even overall skin tone.
One month into using it, my skin truly looks the best it has appeared in a year, and since good behavior begets better behavior, I've really managed to get a much better handle on the picking situation. Redemtion sure does taste sweet.
Rodan + Fields Reverse, $135 for 4 full size products.