Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Truth is Stranger than Fashion

I'm going through my invitations for New York Fash Week and I gotta tell you, there's one I never saw coming. Sure Heatherette, Isaac Mizrahi, Betsey Johnson and Pamella Roland are participating, but DESIGNING SNOOPY-inspired wares? Good Grief!

Presented by MetLife, the fashions presented will be auctioned off on ebay a month following the September 6th show benefiting Dress for Success, a non-profit organization which promotes the economic independence of disadvantaged women by providing professional attire, a network of support, and the career development tools to help them thrive in work and in life.

"I love Peanuts because it represents a theme in my childhood to do with not fitting in, with being an outsider," said Isaac Mizrahi. "The Peanuts characters, especially Charlie Brown, made the issue of being different easy to understand and gave it a resolution. The outsiders were as wonderful and glamorous as the insiders."

ps - I'm TOTALLY going!